Monday, February 22, 2010

Chocolate Brownie


I was not into cooking or baking when I was living in Malaysia until I came to study in Australia about 11 years ago. It was either cook or go broke eating out every day. So I started to learn how to cook and bake from people around me. I didn't have a clue about baking - well, what does it mean when the recipe says fold in the flour? How do you FOLD flour?! Then one day, a housemate of mine was making chocolate brownie. I hung around to watch her (that is when I understood the term fold the flour). When she was done, the brownie smelled fantastic and tasted great. So I asked her for the recipe and the rest is history.

Chocolate Brownie
125g butter
125g dark chocolate
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup plain flour
2 tbsp self-raising flour
3/4 cup chopped pecan/macadamia nuts
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Place butter and chocolate in a saucepan over very low heat. Stir until mixture is smooth. Place eggs and sugar in a bowl. Beat until pale and thick. Sift in the flour and pour in the chocolate mixture and nuts. Grease a 20cm square cake tin. Pour in the mixture into the tin and place in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until the brownies are set. Allow to cool and cut them into square pieces and serve.
I like the brownies with coffee but you can also serve it with cream or ice-cream.

Go on give it a try, it is very simple.

2 comments:

  1. oohhh looks yummm! This cant be good for CW's diet plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, even though this brownie is a year old, it looks very yummy! I like your photo too by the way... I need to learn how to take nicer shots like you. Or maybe I need a nice camera like you!

    ReplyDelete